A professional network allows everyone in your business to connect with one another, customers, business partners, vital applications and the Internet. However, the beauty of the network is that everyone on the team can easily share information and applications. Though Routing and Switching are considering as the two significant purposes of the network, and they are designed to connect different parts of the network. Cisco is, however, making major changes to CCNA and CCENT certifications, and at one point, the CCENT certificate that led you to CCNA that did not change, and modification was supposed to be done in ICND1 (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices part 1) certification, ICND2 (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices part 2) certification examinations for a respective credential.
What Are Routing and Switching?
Networking works by connecting computers and devices to two devices: Switches and Routers, however, both systems allow devices on your network to communicate with other networks. Although somewhat similar, they operate different routes and involve various web activities:
Switches connect multiple strategies on the same network in a building, for example, a switch can connect to your computers, printers, and servers and create a network of shared assets. However, the switches act as an administrator and would allow different devices to exchange and discourse information. By sharing information and allocating resources, the switches save you money and increase your productivity. There are two types of switches that integrate with managed and unmanaged switches.
- A switch that is unmanaged works immediately and does not allow you to make changes. However, switches are often not controlled by home networking devices.
- The switches which are managed, let you access the application, and it offers more flexibility because it can be monitored and configured locally or remotely so you can manage your network traffic and determine who has contact to your network
However, Routers are supposed to use and connect multiple networks, such as you would use a way to connect your computers to the Internet, thus sharing the Internet connection between multiple users. Thus it acts as a transmitter, choosing the best route for your travel information and getting it rapidly. Routers are supposed to analyze data that sent directly over the network, modify the package and send it to another network or system. Moreover, they are supposed to connect the business in order to send them outside the system, protect the information from security intimidations, and even decide which computers are more desirable to others. Moreover, depending on your business and network plan, you can select a router with different features that might contain the following features:
- A firewall is considering as special software that scans incoming data and protects your business network from attack
- Virtual Private Network is known as a way for remote workers to allow remote access to the network
- IP Dial-Up Networking is supposed to connect your business computer and voice networks using voice and conference technology to simplify and combine communications
How Businesses Use Routing and Switching
With respect to routers and switches that are the backbone of enterprise-wide communication from data to voice and video to wireless. They can further improve business results by allowing your corporate to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve security and customer service which particularly supporting routers and switches:
- Sharing applications: Providing staff access to business applications, and improve employee productivity
- Speed up access to information: Effective information management and review what is going to happen in your business
- Heighten customer service: Provide quick access to customer information and improve user response
- Reducing operating costs: Divide office supplies at a lower price, and provides broadband connection
- Improving security: Reduce your risk
- Enable remote connections: Provides secure remote access to mobile workers and let them work anywhere
Getting Started with Routing and Switching
Once an individual comprehends how routing and switching technology can help in the business, you need to decide if you have the basics to meet your business needs. The following list contains some points of view that one will be supposed to explore.
The Quality of your Existing Equipment
Consumer or home networking products cannot keep up with the challenges of growing a business, such as, these products may not be able to manage traffic and may not allow you to add voice, video, or wireless connections, so you may need to check each device individually. However, professional routers and switches ensure reliable communication with your business and save money on shared devices.
Expend in an evolving network over time so that you can add features the way your business needs it. Extensions may include new applications such as video surveillance, IP telecommunication, integrated electronic communication, and broadcasting.
Easy to connect
Make routing and switching devices easy to set up, use and manage, like a power switch can be used to place devices such as wireless access points and IP phones anywhere on the wall, and this eliminates the need for additional electrical plugs or cables.
The purchase crisis is of all kinds, from power outages to hurricanes, etc. However, the ability of an enterprise to perform routine activities during a crisis may depend on the health of the network. Thus creating a network of trust and surplus will continue your business.
Cisco Certifications in Demand
With regard to online certifications, Cisco is considered as one of the leading certification providers in the world. However, Cisco will likely be selected from all online certification programs. Though, Cisco certifications are supposed to be complete at the expert level and include various information technologies with respect to routers and switches. As a professional on the Internet, you now have two options to earn a popular CCNA certification, you can do one or two tests for ICND1 certifications and ICND2 certifications. You should get ICND1 training before sitting in the exam to ensure passing it.
If you pass for the ICND1 certification, you will be considered a holder of CCENT credential, while passing the other exam for ICND2 certification would lead you to the credential of CCNA. Though the new CCENT program is very similar to the current CCNA program, making the test much harder in October. However, ICND2 certification has also been modified to add some CCNP problems, with particular emphasis on troubleshooting.